How to Install and Configure Cassandra Database
In this article you will learn how to Install and Configure Cassandra Database.
Cassandra is a open source Database which is used in famous website like as
Facebook etc. If you need to learn more about Cassandra, you can refer its official website: More About
you want download Cassandra Database Click the link
Step 1: After the download Cassandra you will
Extract zip folder of Apache Cassandra.
Step 2: Open the bin folder from Apache
Cassandra and run the Cassandra.bat file.
Step 3: In your Screen show like as
Step 4: Open the bin folder and run
Step 5: Second Command prompt are open just
Step 6: Run the Help Command. This Command not
run properly its means your Cassandra is not correctly Configuration.
Step 7: Close all command prompt.
Step 8: Cassandra is written in java so you
first set the java Environment variable.
- First open the computer property and click the Advance Setting.
- Second click the Environment variable and click the new button.
- First variable name JAVA_HOME and the value is C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 and Click ok.
- Second Variable name CLASSPATH and the value is %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib and Click ok.
- Third Variable name also in name is PATH click Edit Button and edit the value is ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin and Click ok.
- Forth Variable name CASSANDRA_HOME and the value is given till now Cassandra folder not include bin.
Step 9: Open the bin Folder from
Cassandra create three folder just name data, commitlog and savedcaches.
Step 10: Open the 'conf' folder from Cassandra
open the Cassandra.ympl file in your any text editor.
Step 11; In this file set the values look like
- # directories where Cassandra should store data on disk.
Note: Your given path in this
file correct where you create this type name folder.
Step 12: Open the command prompt, point to
c:\download\apache-cassandra\bin and run "cassandra.bat install" command.
This will give the write message but did not install properly.
Step 13; Create a folder daemon name on the
Step 14: Download prunsrv.exe from the this
Step 15: Extract the correct version of
prunsrv.exe from the correct path "c:\download\apache-cassandra\bin".
Step 16: Now again Open command prompt, point
to c:\download\apache-cassandra\bin and run "cassandra.bat install" command.
Step 17: Now run cassandra command in your
command prompt which open before time its look like as after run cassandra
command it look like as.
Your cassandra is prepare to given services.
Step 18: Open another Command prompt and run
Cassandra-cli.bat command its look like as.
Run the help command
Your Cassandra database prepare for working.